IN.SITE PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION 2024 –TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. In.Site Photography Competition is run by Brighter, an initiative of Australian Energy Producers ABN 44 000 292 713, Level 1, 60 Marcus Clarke Street CANBERRA ACT 2601.
2. Photos must be the work of the entrant, and the entrant must be the photographer and must own all copyright to the photograph he/she enters into the competition. The phogoraph must also be taken within Australia. Entries featuring images taken outside Australia will not be considered.
3. By entering, you grant Australian Energy Producers the royalty-free, nonexclusive rights to reproduce your photograph, including to display, print, and distribute in any manner and without limitation in perpetuity.
4. You must be over the age of 18, or if under the age of 18 obtain and submit with your entry the prior written permission of your legal parent or guardian, to be eligible to win the prize.
5. You must be an employee of an Australian Energy Producers member company and a resident of Australia, with an Australian mailing address, to be eligible to win the prize.
6. Each photograph must not have been submitted to any other competitions or used publicly for any other purpose.
7. If people are depicted in the photograph, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted and must provide copies of these with your entry.
8. If private premises are photographed, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary permissions from the appropriate guardian, owner or manager of the property and must provide copies of these with your entry.
9. If the photograph was taken on private/company premises, you agree that you followed any occupational and/or workplace health and safety policies set by the company when taking the photo.
10. Entrants must not submit images that contain nudity or involve harm or harassment of wildlife or damage to the environment by the photographer, put any individual or animal in danger, or infringe on the rights of any other person.
11. Photos that are ‘collages’ or rely on heavy use of digital manipulation such as photoshopping or overlays will not be accepted. A small amount of digital manipulation is acceptable provided it is the work of the entrant.
12. Electronic copies only will be received; they should be no larger than 5 MB file size and must be in JPEG (.jpg) format.
13. Each photographer retains copyright of his or her photographs subject to the licence granted in clause 3.
14. There is no limit on the number of photographs that you can submit. You can enter one or more categories.
15. For each photograph submitted, Australian Energy Producers and Brighter will donate $10.00 to a preselected Australian charity.
16. If you have been selected as a winner, you will be contacted by Australian Energy Producers directly at the contact details provided in your submission. If you cannot be contacted or do not reply to contact within 48 hours of contact, Australian Energy Producers reserves the right to select an alternative entrant as the winner.
17. You indemnify Australian Energy Producers against any claim, legal or otherwise, that may arise out of the publication of each photograph you submit.
19. By entering a photograph into this competition, the entrant guarantees to Australian Energy Producers that the above entry requirements have been met and that you agree to these Terms and Conditions.
19. This competition is a game of skill and not a game of chance, to be judged by a panel and Australian Energy Producers and Brighter in its absolute discretion.
20. Closing date for entries is 11:59pm AEDT on 12 April 2024.
21. Australian Energy Producers and Brighter reserve the right to request winners to sign a winner’s deed of release or any other relevant forms or agreements that Australian Energy Producers or Brighter deem necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address, in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of Australian Energy Producers and Brighter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
22. Australian Energy Producers and Brighter reserves the right to select a new winner in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
23. The winners of the competition will be selected in the week of 22 April 2024 by a panel of judges. The judges’ decision is final. The overall and individual category winners will be publicly announced in the week of 29 April 2024.
24. The criteria for each category and the overall winner is stated on the website https://bright-r.com.au/insite The judges will be entitled to draw their own conclusion in their absolute discretion.
25. The winners of each respective category will receive the following:
• $1,000 to put towards a new camera or photography equipment
• Your photo used in Australian Energy Producers digital and print publications
26. An overall winner will be chosen by the judges and will receive the following:
• $2,000 to put towards a new camera or photography equipment
• Your photo used in Australian Energy Producers’ digital and print publications
27. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. Australian Energy Producers and Brighter accept no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize (or part thereof). Prizes will be sent to the winner’s nominated address as stated in their original entry. Australian Energy Producers and Brighter will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
28. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to accepting that prize.
29. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001 (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Australian Energy Producers and Brighter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
30. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Australian Energy Producers and Brighter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) are not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Australian Energy Producers or Brighter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by Australian Energy Producers or Brighter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
31. Australian Energy Producers reserves the right to reject any and all submissions from the competition without explanation or notice.