Cooking with Gas: Pulled Pork Tortilla Recipe
Stuck for ideas for dinner this week? Look no further than this delicious recipe for pulled pork tortillas, courtesy of Origin Energy.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 2.5 – 3 hours
2 tbs canola or sunflower oil
1.4 kg pork scotch fillet, cut into 6 pieces
1 cup fresh orange juice
1 tsp dried red chilli
⅓ cup red wine vinegar
1 tbs dried oregano
2 tsp cumin seeds
¼ cup caster sugar
100ml white wine vinegar
2 red onions, thinly sliced
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based flameproof pot. Brown the pork until golden. Combine juice, chilli, vinegar, oregano and cumin in a jug and pour over pork.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 2-2½ hours or until very tender. For the last half hour of cooking remove lid to allow cooking juices to reduce.
- Remove pork and reduce sauce until thick. Return pork to pot. Using 2 forks, shred the pork into strips.
- Meanwhile, cook sugar and vinegar over a medium heat until sugar dissolves. Pour over onions and cool.
- When ready to serve, heat a frying pan over high heat. Warm the tortillas by cooking them for 30 seconds each side.
- Wrap in foil while you cook the remaining tortillas. Top the warm tortillas with pork and onions.
Home Beautiful Podcast Featuring Adrian RichardsonChef Adrian Richardson, star of Good Chef Bad Chef and Brighter’s series The Chef’s Secret, was recently interviewed on Style Rules, the podcast from Home Beautiful magazine. In the episode Adrian talks us through …Read more
Clip in: Santos Festival of CyclingGet your cleats on, because from Saturday 21 January nine days of cycling bliss will kick off in South Australia as the Santos Festival of Cycling bursts off the line. Santos has been the …Read more
Brighter congratulates Bright Spark Candice Lam on her new scholarshipLast time Brighter caught up with Queensland-based Candice Lam, she gave us a few valuable life lessons (courtesy of Yoda), expressed her lifelong love for robots, and expanded on her globe-trotting adventures as an offshore gas worker. With a career history that spans …Read more
with Natural Gas Subscribe