Cooking with Gas: Pulled Pork Tortilla Recipe
Stuck for ideas for dinner this week? Look no further than this delicious recipe for pulled pork tortillas, courtesy of Origin Energy.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 2.5 – 3 hours
2 tbs canola or sunflower oil
1.4 kg pork scotch fillet, cut into 6 pieces
1 cup fresh orange juice
1 tsp dried red chilli
⅓ cup red wine vinegar
1 tbs dried oregano
2 tsp cumin seeds
¼ cup caster sugar
100ml white wine vinegar
2 red onions, thinly sliced
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based flameproof pot. Brown the pork until golden. Combine juice, chilli, vinegar, oregano and cumin in a jug and pour over pork.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 2-2½ hours or until very tender. For the last half hour of cooking remove lid to allow cooking juices to reduce.
- Remove pork and reduce sauce until thick. Return pork to pot. Using 2 forks, shred the pork into strips.
- Meanwhile, cook sugar and vinegar over a medium heat until sugar dissolves. Pour over onions and cool.
- When ready to serve, heat a frying pan over high heat. Warm the tortillas by cooking them for 30 seconds each side.
- Wrap in foil while you cook the remaining tortillas. Top the warm tortillas with pork and onions.
Home Heating Tips for WinterAs the colder months draw in again, and heating our homes becomes a necessity, here are some tips to stay cosy. Consider the room Open plan living is now a staple in modern Australian …Read more
The Chef’s Secret – Malaysian BBQ ChickenCLICK TO DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE COPY OF THE CHEF’S SECRET RECIPE BOOK In this episode of The Chef’s Secret, Adrian gives the classic Australian barbeque a flavour-packed twist with his recipe for Malaysian BBQ Chicken. His …Read more
How to Host an AFL Grand Final BBQIt’s that time of year again, when Australians unite around a sacred national day, the AFL Grand Final. 100, 000 people pack the MCG, while another 4.3 million tune in from home. The unofficial …Read more
with Natural Gas Subscribe