Cooking with Gas: Pulled Pork Tortilla Recipe
Stuck for ideas for dinner this week? Look no further than this delicious recipe for pulled pork tortillas, courtesy of Origin Energy.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 2.5 – 3 hours
2 tbs canola or sunflower oil
1.4 kg pork scotch fillet, cut into 6 pieces
1 cup fresh orange juice
1 tsp dried red chilli
⅓ cup red wine vinegar
1 tbs dried oregano
2 tsp cumin seeds
¼ cup caster sugar
100ml white wine vinegar
2 red onions, thinly sliced
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based flameproof pot. Brown the pork until golden. Combine juice, chilli, vinegar, oregano and cumin in a jug and pour over pork.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 2-2½ hours or until very tender. For the last half hour of cooking remove lid to allow cooking juices to reduce.
- Remove pork and reduce sauce until thick. Return pork to pot. Using 2 forks, shred the pork into strips.
- Meanwhile, cook sugar and vinegar over a medium heat until sugar dissolves. Pour over onions and cool.
- When ready to serve, heat a frying pan over high heat. Warm the tortillas by cooking them for 30 seconds each side.
- Wrap in foil while you cook the remaining tortillas. Top the warm tortillas with pork and onions.
Australia, BBQ Capital of the WorldAustralians love a BBQ. Whether it’s a Bunnings sausage sizzle or a home-cooked steak, we’re well-known as fanatical about outdoor cooking. Recent research from a Roy Morgan study has confirmed this, suggesting a growing …Read more
Why A Gas Barbeque is Objectively Better Than the RestHere at Brighter we’re partial to a barbeque. Whether on a warm summer afternoon or a cold winter evening, there’s something precious about a gas-powered barbeque with family or friends. However, amongst barbeque lovers …Read more
The Chef’s Secret – Portable BBQ Pork WrapsOff-the-grid gourmets rejoice. This recipe from chef and renowned outdoorsman Adrian Richardson will become a regular campsite classic. Easy to grill on the go, these succulent Portable BBQ Pork Wraps are a surefire way …Read more
with Natural Gas Subscribe