Cooking with Gas: Pulled Pork Tortilla Recipe
Stuck for ideas for dinner this week? Look no further than this delicious recipe for pulled pork tortillas, courtesy of Origin Energy.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 2.5 – 3 hours
2 tbs canola or sunflower oil
1.4 kg pork scotch fillet, cut into 6 pieces
1 cup fresh orange juice
1 tsp dried red chilli
⅓ cup red wine vinegar
1 tbs dried oregano
2 tsp cumin seeds
¼ cup caster sugar
100ml white wine vinegar
2 red onions, thinly sliced
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based flameproof pot. Brown the pork until golden. Combine juice, chilli, vinegar, oregano and cumin in a jug and pour over pork.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 2-2½ hours or until very tender. For the last half hour of cooking remove lid to allow cooking juices to reduce.
- Remove pork and reduce sauce until thick. Return pork to pot. Using 2 forks, shred the pork into strips.
- Meanwhile, cook sugar and vinegar over a medium heat until sugar dissolves. Pour over onions and cool.
- When ready to serve, heat a frying pan over high heat. Warm the tortillas by cooking them for 30 seconds each side.
- Wrap in foil while you cook the remaining tortillas. Top the warm tortillas with pork and onions.
The Chef’s Secret – Portable BBQ Pork WrapsOff-the-grid gourmets rejoice. This recipe from chef and renowned outdoorsman Adrian Richardson will become a regular campsite classic. Easy to grill on the go, these succulent Portable BBQ Pork Wraps are a surefire way …Read more
Home Beautiful Podcast Featuring Adrian RichardsonChef Adrian Richardson, star of Good Chef Bad Chef and Brighter’s series The Chef’s Secret, was recently interviewed on Style Rules, the podcast from Home Beautiful magazine. In the episode Adrian talks us through …Read more
Video: How Natural Gas is Used in AustraliaNatural gas is a big part of every day in Australia. We know it heats our homes and powers our stoves, but what other important roles does it play in our day-to-day lives? Does …Read more
with Natural Gas Subscribe