Cooking with Gas: Pulled Pork Tortilla Recipe
Stuck for ideas for dinner this week? Look no further than this delicious recipe for pulled pork tortillas, courtesy of Origin Energy.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 2.5 – 3 hours
2 tbs canola or sunflower oil
1.4 kg pork scotch fillet, cut into 6 pieces
1 cup fresh orange juice
1 tsp dried red chilli
⅓ cup red wine vinegar
1 tbs dried oregano
2 tsp cumin seeds
¼ cup caster sugar
100ml white wine vinegar
2 red onions, thinly sliced
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based flameproof pot. Brown the pork until golden. Combine juice, chilli, vinegar, oregano and cumin in a jug and pour over pork.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 2-2½ hours or until very tender. For the last half hour of cooking remove lid to allow cooking juices to reduce.
- Remove pork and reduce sauce until thick. Return pork to pot. Using 2 forks, shred the pork into strips.
- Meanwhile, cook sugar and vinegar over a medium heat until sugar dissolves. Pour over onions and cool.
- When ready to serve, heat a frying pan over high heat. Warm the tortillas by cooking them for 30 seconds each side.
- Wrap in foil while you cook the remaining tortillas. Top the warm tortillas with pork and onions.
The Chef’s Secret Recipe BookCLICK TO DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE COPY OF THE CHEF’S SECRET RECIPE BOOK Celebrity Chef Adrian Richardson and home cook, nutritionist and stylist Georgia Barnes have been cooking up delicious recipes to impress your family and friends, …Read more
New Research Reveals the Most Popular Songs to Sing in the ShowerNew research commissioned by Brighter has revealed the top songs Australians sing in the shower. One in five Australians sing in the shower, and one in 20 believe they’re good enough to win a …Read more
Australia’s ‘Hour of Shower’ is Revealed in New ResearchThe results are in, and Australians have voted that 7-8am is the country’s most favoured ‘hour of shower’, according to new research commissioned Brighter. Are you one of the 20 per cent of Australians …Read more
with Natural Gas Subscribe