Cooking with Gas: Pulled Pork Tortilla Recipe
Stuck for ideas for dinner this week? Look no further than this delicious recipe for pulled pork tortillas, courtesy of Origin Energy.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 2.5 – 3 hours
2 tbs canola or sunflower oil
1.4 kg pork scotch fillet, cut into 6 pieces
1 cup fresh orange juice
1 tsp dried red chilli
⅓ cup red wine vinegar
1 tbs dried oregano
2 tsp cumin seeds
¼ cup caster sugar
100ml white wine vinegar
2 red onions, thinly sliced
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based flameproof pot. Brown the pork until golden. Combine juice, chilli, vinegar, oregano and cumin in a jug and pour over pork.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 2-2½ hours or until very tender. For the last half hour of cooking remove lid to allow cooking juices to reduce.
- Remove pork and reduce sauce until thick. Return pork to pot. Using 2 forks, shred the pork into strips.
- Meanwhile, cook sugar and vinegar over a medium heat until sugar dissolves. Pour over onions and cool.
- When ready to serve, heat a frying pan over high heat. Warm the tortillas by cooking them for 30 seconds each side.
- Wrap in foil while you cook the remaining tortillas. Top the warm tortillas with pork and onions.
Does the Natural Gas Industry Improve Community Capability?Research conducted by the University of Queensland, compiled in the Boomtown Indicators reports, has tracked the natural gas industry in towns in Queensland for the last several years. They’ve focused on indicators in areas …Read more
Australia’s ‘Hour of Shower’ is Revealed in New ResearchThe results are in, and Australians have voted that 7-8am is the country’s most favoured ‘hour of shower’, according to new research commissioned Brighter. Are you one of the 20 per cent of Australians …Read more
The Chef’s Secret – Every Episode!We’ve been cooking up some delicious recipes that will be sure to ignite flavour and impress your family and friends with The Chef’s Secret, cooking with natural gas. Episode 1 – The Perfect Steak with Adrian Richardson Episode 2 – The …Read more
with Natural Gas Subscribe