Recipe: Become the Wing King
When we read the winner of our AFL Grand Final BBQ Competitions’ recipe, we knew we had to share it.
Certified Wing King Steven is no stranger to a footy themed fry up. For him and his mates, there’s nothing better than a steaming plate of chicken wings to park up with in front of the game.
In fact, Steven once hosted his own Beer & Wings festival. 10 different beers, 10 different flavoured wings. Winner takes all.. the bragging rights.
Unfortunately, Steven backed the Western Bulldogs on the weekend. Though with these wings on the table and a brand new BBQ on the way, we think the pain would have been short lived.
Here’s how to become your local Wing King.
Got a better recipe? @ us on Facebook, let’s see!
Steve P’s Winner Wings
- Chicken wings ~500gm
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp tarragon
- 1/2 tsp chicken salt
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 chives
- 20g plain flour
- 20g egg white
- 5ml hot sauce
- 10ml almond milk
- Prepare gas BBQ for cooking over indirect heat
- Blend spices together to make dry mix
- In a separate bowl, add the egg white, hot sauce and almond milk . Blend to create wet mix
- Coat the wings thoroughly in the wet mix
- Coat wings in dry mix, coat again in wet mix then give another final coat in dry mix
- Optional: Let the wings marinate for two to 12 hours. If there’s no time, they’re good to go as is
- Cook the wings over indirect medium heat for between 30-35 minutes or until cooked through
- Serve with your garnish and sauce of choice (or just rip in!)
Still hungry? Get more recipes for your gas BBQ here.
Is gas better than charcoal? You decide. Check out our story here.
What’s the delicious secret behind then Korean obsession with portable gas? Find out here.
Disney Announces Cleaner Fuel Cruise LinersWhether it’s classics like The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast, or more recent hits like…well, remakes of The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast, we all have a space in our …Read more
The Chef’s Secret: Season Two – Texas Beef BurgersHeading just outside Roma, Queensland, Adrian Richardson meets up with five generations of the Maranoa Beef family. With farm-fresh, sustainable Maranoa Beef mince, Adrian sizzles up a Texas style burger with a kick to …Read more
How Australia’s Hydrogen Strategy Plans to Use Existing Industries to SucceedHydrogen has appeared as part of the Australian energy conversation intermittently over the past couple of years. However, recently attention on hydrogen has been increasing due to the falling costs to produce and use …Read more
with Natural Gas Subscribe