The Chef’s Secret Season Two: BBQ Banana Split
In this bonus episode of The Chef’s Secret, Adrian Richardson went bananas. Cooking up his favourite dessert on the BBQ, this is not your grandma’s banana split.
Hot and sticky, this gas BBQ fired dessert is packed with peanut butter and riddled with rum.
An homage to Queensland’s world class produce, this twisted treat will transform your cheat day.
Keen to check Adrian’s secret to a six other sizzling recipes? Click here to binge the whole series!
BBQ Peanut Butter Banana Split
- 8 large ripe bananas, peeled
- 150g butter
- ¼ cup Tablespoons Bega Crunchy Peanut Butter
- ½ cup CSR Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- ½ cup Bundaberg rum
- ¼ cup Cream
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup walnuts, broken
- Heat up the BBQ to a medium heat
- Gently heat frypan fry pan on the flat grill
- Melt the butter & peanut butter, using the back of a spoon to break up the peanut butter.
- Add the bananas to the pan, and warm gently for 2 to 3 mins
- Turn bananas over
- Add the cream and swirl pan until all is combined, 2 to 3 mins
- Gently place bananas on a plate cover with sauce
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, crumble the walnuts over the top.
The Chef’s Secret – Portable BBQ Pork WrapsOff-the-grid gourmets rejoice. This recipe from chef and renowned outdoorsman Adrian Richardson will become a regular campsite classic. Easy to grill on the go, these succulent Portable BBQ Pork Wraps are a surefire way …Read more
Cooking with Gas: Pulled Pork Tortilla RecipeStuck for ideas for dinner this week? Look no further than this delicious recipe for pulled pork tortillas, courtesy of Origin Energy. Serves: 6 Preparation: 15 minutes Cooking time: 2.5 – 3 hours …Read more
The Chef’s Secret: Season Two – BBQ Fish and ChipsThe Chef’s Secret Season Two kicks off in summer style! Sizzle up something a bit special as Celebrity chef Adrian Richardson shares his secret to the ultimate BBQ fish and chips. INGREDIENTS Fish 2 …Read more
The Hot Water Systems and Cooktops Recommended by Australian BuildersAustralian Construction Insights recently conducted survey research with builders. The builders were asked about the types of hot water systems and cooktops they’d installed in the last year. Unsurprisingly, instantaneous natural gas hot water …Read more
with Natural Gas Subscribe