The Chef’s Secret Season Two: BBQ Banana Split
In this bonus episode of The Chef’s Secret, Adrian Richardson went bananas. Cooking up his favourite dessert on the BBQ, this is not your grandma’s banana split.
Hot and sticky, this gas BBQ fired dessert is packed with peanut butter and riddled with rum.
An homage to Queensland’s world class produce, this twisted treat will transform your cheat day.
Keen to check Adrian’s secret to a six other sizzling recipes? Click here to binge the whole series!
BBQ Peanut Butter Banana Split
- 8 large ripe bananas, peeled
- 150g butter
- ¼ cup Tablespoons Bega Crunchy Peanut Butter
- ½ cup CSR Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- ½ cup Bundaberg rum
- ¼ cup Cream
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup walnuts, broken
- Heat up the BBQ to a medium heat
- Gently heat frypan fry pan on the flat grill
- Melt the butter & peanut butter, using the back of a spoon to break up the peanut butter.
- Add the bananas to the pan, and warm gently for 2 to 3 mins
- Turn bananas over
- Add the cream and swirl pan until all is combined, 2 to 3 mins
- Gently place bananas on a plate cover with sauce
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, crumble the walnuts over the top.
Natural gas industry conference gives teachers the tools to inspire the next generationAt the annual SPE Asia Pacific Oil & Gas Conference and Exhibition (APOGCE) 2018 held recently in Brisbane, the focus wasn’t just about educating those working in the sector today. The industry association has …Read more
Women in Engineering at University of QueenslandThe problems that engineering teams in any industry face are diverse, so the people that solve them need to be too. That’s why The University of Queensland have set up an award winning gender …Read more
Australia, BBQ Capital of the WorldAustralians love a BBQ. Whether it’s a Bunnings sausage sizzle or a home-cooked steak, we’re well-known as fanatical about outdoor cooking. Recent research from a Roy Morgan study has confirmed this, suggesting a growing …Read more
Regional Community Spotlight: Dalby, QueenslandThe natural gas industry is embedded within regional communities across Australia. These articles will profile some regional communities that have has long-standing relationships with the natural gas industry. Fast Facts: Key towns to the industry: …Read more
with Natural Gas Subscribe