The Chef’s Secret Season Two: BBQ Banana Split
In this bonus episode of The Chef’s Secret, Adrian Richardson went bananas. Cooking up his favourite dessert on the BBQ, this is not your grandma’s banana split.
Hot and sticky, this gas BBQ fired dessert is packed with peanut butter and riddled with rum.
An homage to Queensland’s world class produce, this twisted treat will transform your cheat day.
Keen to check Adrian’s secret to a six other sizzling recipes? Click here to binge the whole series!
BBQ Peanut Butter Banana Split
- 8 large ripe bananas, peeled
- 150g butter
- ¼ cup Tablespoons Bega Crunchy Peanut Butter
- ½ cup CSR Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- ½ cup Bundaberg rum
- ¼ cup Cream
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup walnuts, broken
- Heat up the BBQ to a medium heat
- Gently heat frypan fry pan on the flat grill
- Melt the butter & peanut butter, using the back of a spoon to break up the peanut butter.
- Add the bananas to the pan, and warm gently for 2 to 3 mins
- Turn bananas over
- Add the cream and swirl pan until all is combined, 2 to 3 mins
- Gently place bananas on a plate cover with sauce
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, crumble the walnuts over the top.
The Sensation Of Sizzle“You don’t sell the steak. You sell the sizzle.” This phrase is drummed into salespeople, stockbrokers and ad executives. The sentiment of selling sizzle is agreed on universally by those in the business of …Read more
Every Day Uses of Gas in the HomeLike most Australians, you probably use gas every day without even realising it. Over the course of 2015-16 it provided as much as 24% of Australia’s total energy use! Cooking Natural gas’ most common …Read more
How Most Australians Prefer Their Steak CookedNothing sounds better than a sizzling steak on the grill, but nothing tastes better than a steak cooked just the way you like it. Research conducted by Brighter has revealed that the most popular …Read more
with Natural Gas Subscribe