The Chef’s Secret Season Two: BBQ Banana Split
In this bonus episode of The Chef’s Secret, Adrian Richardson went bananas. Cooking up his favourite dessert on the BBQ, this is not your grandma’s banana split.
Hot and sticky, this gas BBQ fired dessert is packed with peanut butter and riddled with rum.
An homage to Queensland’s world class produce, this twisted treat will transform your cheat day.
Keen to check Adrian’s secret to a six other sizzling recipes? Click here to binge the whole series!
BBQ Peanut Butter Banana Split
- 8 large ripe bananas, peeled
- 150g butter
- ¼ cup Tablespoons Bega Crunchy Peanut Butter
- ½ cup CSR Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- ½ cup Bundaberg rum
- ¼ cup Cream
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup walnuts, broken
- Heat up the BBQ to a medium heat
- Gently heat frypan fry pan on the flat grill
- Melt the butter & peanut butter, using the back of a spoon to break up the peanut butter.
- Add the bananas to the pan, and warm gently for 2 to 3 mins
- Turn bananas over
- Add the cream and swirl pan until all is combined, 2 to 3 mins
- Gently place bananas on a plate cover with sauce
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, crumble the walnuts over the top.
The One Thing Australians Say They Can’t Live WithoutA gas cooktop holds a special place in the heart of most Australians. It’s how we’ve been cooking everything from scrambled eggs to elaborate dinners for many years. It’s still favoured by chefs the …Read more
38% of Australians Planning to Start Home Renovations in the Next YearRenovation expenditure may have fallen over the last 12 months, but new survey research from Brighter suggests this might be because Australians are still in the throes of planning their dream home makeover. The …Read more
The Chef’s Secret – Berry Butterfly CakesSimple, delicious and capable of whisking you back to childhood with just one bite. Georgia Barnes’ Berry Butterfly Cakes are a nostalgic classic that will bring a smile to your dial and warm and …Read more
with Natural Gas Subscribe