The Chef’s Secret Season Two: BBQ Banana Split
In this bonus episode of The Chef’s Secret, Adrian Richardson went bananas. Cooking up his favourite dessert on the BBQ, this is not your grandma’s banana split.
Hot and sticky, this gas BBQ fired dessert is packed with peanut butter and riddled with rum.
An homage to Queensland’s world class produce, this twisted treat will transform your cheat day.
Keen to check Adrian’s secret to a six other sizzling recipes? Click here to binge the whole series!
BBQ Peanut Butter Banana Split
- 8 large ripe bananas, peeled
- 150g butter
- ¼ cup Tablespoons Bega Crunchy Peanut Butter
- ½ cup CSR Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- ½ cup Bundaberg rum
- ¼ cup Cream
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup walnuts, broken
- Heat up the BBQ to a medium heat
- Gently heat frypan fry pan on the flat grill
- Melt the butter & peanut butter, using the back of a spoon to break up the peanut butter.
- Add the bananas to the pan, and warm gently for 2 to 3 mins
- Turn bananas over
- Add the cream and swirl pan until all is combined, 2 to 3 mins
- Gently place bananas on a plate cover with sauce
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, crumble the walnuts over the top.
Natural gas & manufacturingNatural gas is vital to Australian manufacturing. It really is. The question you might have, though, is how? What does industry do with natural gas? We’re glad you asked. Natural gas has two primary …Read more
Every Day Uses of Gas in the HomeLike most Australians, you probably use gas every day without even realising it. Over the course of 2015-16 it provided as much as 24% of Australia’s total energy use! Cooking Natural gas’ most common …Read more
Energy Saving TipsSaving energy is actually quite simple if you know how. Changing how you use energy every day is also beneficial for your bank account and the environment. Here are a couple of tips on …Read more
with Natural Gas Subscribe