The Chef’s Secret Season Two: BBQ Banana Split
In this bonus episode of The Chef’s Secret, Adrian Richardson went bananas. Cooking up his favourite dessert on the BBQ, this is not your grandma’s banana split.
Hot and sticky, this gas BBQ fired dessert is packed with peanut butter and riddled with rum.
An homage to Queensland’s world class produce, this twisted treat will transform your cheat day.
Keen to check Adrian’s secret to a six other sizzling recipes? Click here to binge the whole series!
BBQ Peanut Butter Banana Split
- 8 large ripe bananas, peeled
- 150g butter
- ¼ cup Tablespoons Bega Crunchy Peanut Butter
- ½ cup CSR Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- ½ cup Bundaberg rum
- ¼ cup Cream
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup walnuts, broken
- Heat up the BBQ to a medium heat
- Gently heat frypan fry pan on the flat grill
- Melt the butter & peanut butter, using the back of a spoon to break up the peanut butter.
- Add the bananas to the pan, and warm gently for 2 to 3 mins
- Turn bananas over
- Add the cream and swirl pan until all is combined, 2 to 3 mins
- Gently place bananas on a plate cover with sauce
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, crumble the walnuts over the top.
The Chef’s Secret: Recipe BookYou’ve watched Richo cook up some cracker cuisine. Now it’s your turn to hit the heat and prepare something special. Sizzle up some Aussie XO scallops for weekend guests or whip up a super-fast …Read more
How Most Australians Prefer Their Steak CookedNothing sounds better than a sizzling steak on the grill, but nothing tastes better than a steak cooked just the way you like it. Research conducted by Brighter has revealed that the most popular …Read more
Women in Engineering at University of QueenslandThe problems that engineering teams in any industry face are diverse, so the people that solve them need to be too. That’s why The University of Queensland have set up an award winning gender …Read more
with Natural Gas Subscribe