The Chef’s Secret: Season Two – Chimichurri Wagyu & Beef Tataki
Live from Clifford Park Racecourse in Toowoomba, Adrian Richardson has been gifted a cube of award winning Mort & Co Wagyu beef.
With the pressure of creating a dish that does this world-beating beef justice, Adrian splits the deck and deliver a tangy Argentinean style chimichurri steak, along with a succulent beef tataki that honours the Japanese roots of the Wagyu beef tradition.
Giving away a few secrets that could be the difference between a perfect cook and a missed attempt, this is an episode you need to watch!
Steak with Chimichurri
- 500g Wagyu beef cube roll
- 600mL Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 300g green olives, pitted
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 3 lemons
- 300g of pickled onions
- 100g lilliput capers
- 1 clove garlic
- 500g trimmed Wagyu beef cube roll
- 2tbsp Ayam Sesame Oil
- 2tbsp ground sesame seeds
- 3tbsp Squeaky Gate All Rounder Olive Oil
- 2tbsp hot chili, finely diced
- 3 spring onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Ayam Sweet Soy/Kecap Manis
- 2tbsp ginger, grated
- Sherry Vinegar
Combine chives, parsley, pitted green olives, pickled onions, capers olive oil, lemon and pepper into a small mixing bowl.
Combine ground sesame seeds, ginger, spring onion, red chilli, sherry vinegar, sesame oil, kecap manis and pepper in a small bowl.
- Trim any excess fat off the pieces of Wagyu.
- Sprinkle both cuts of Wagyu with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Use olive oil or a small fat trimming from the Wagyu to lubricate the grill for cooking.
- Place both cuts of Wagyu on the hot plate and cook to desired level.
- Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice one piece of the Wagyu and put onto a plate. Spoon the chimichurri over it to serve.
- While plating the Chimichurri Wagyu, drizzle the tataki marinade over the other piece of beef so it soaks into the beef as it cools. When ready to serve, slice and plate and top with more tataki sauce and salt.
The Chef’s Secret – Every Episode!We’ve been cooking up some delicious recipes that will be sure to ignite flavour and impress your family and friends with The Chef’s Secret, cooking with natural gas. Episode 1 – The Perfect Steak with Adrian Richardson Episode 2 – The …Read more
Research Finds The Ideal Distance to be from an Outdoor HeaterAustralians love being outdoors. Whether that’s at the beach, the wide open spaces of our forests, mountains and deserts, or just at your local cafe or restaurant. However, enjoying the outdoors with a cup …Read more
A Country Divided by a Love/Hate Relationship with CampingTwo out of three Australians are heading for a tension filled tent on their next camping trip, with a perfect storm of circumstances poised to turn outdoor enthusiasts into unhappy campers. New research has …Read more
with Natural Gas Subscribe